[Mailman-Users] Mailman vs Majordomo - Cobalt RaQ XTR

mbowman at udcom.com mbowman at udcom.com
Tue Apr 23 17:29:13 CEST 2002

Hi All,

I  work for an ISP who have a number of Cobalt RaQ Servers

Cobalt RaQ3
Cobalt Miva RaQ
Cobalt RaQXTR

Each by default come with majordomo (sigh).

Judging by the comments I have observed that  mailman is far more better
than majordomo.  However I have learned that mailman is not supported on
all Cobalt platforms? is that correct?*

Our Cobalt RaQXTR servers are running

sendmail-8.10.2-C1
python-1.5.2-13 (We need Python 2.1 or later)
perl 5.005_03
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

* Has anyone been able to successfully migrate from majordomo to mailman on
all of the Cobalt platforms ?
Can someone provide Installation/Configuration instructions necessary for
the Cobalt OS ?

Regards,

Matthew K Bowman,
Systems Administrator.