[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Tue Apr 23 00:10:04 CEST 2002

At 09:00 AM 4/22/02 -0400, First Unitarian Congregation of Ottawa wrote:
>I need help with having to approve all the conversations due to 'an implicit destination' message.  I thought that the responses to questions could be immediate if everyone or one person were(was) on-line.  Could you please help me with this or at least direct me to the person who could help?

Who's "on line" has nothing to do with the list.  The list in question has the default setting turned
on that says that the list actually has to be in the header of the note.  I.e. you actually have to
send "to" the list, or "cc" the list.  If you "bcc" a list like that, it gets the note, sees it isn't listed
as a recipient, and decides the note is probably spam, requiring the list owner to approve the note.