[Mailman-Users] password problems

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Apr 22 21:03:08 CEST 2002

Joshua Gould wrote:

> For one list in particular, I am not able to change the password. I am
> able to log in with the site password, and when I change the password
> it reports a success, but it still reports authentication failure when
> I try to use the new password.
>
> I have tried this from numerous browsers, cleared all cookies and
> cache, checked for lock files and even ran the check_db utility on the
> list's database as well as check_perms.
>
> I am running Mailman 2.0.10 and am stumped.

you know the old password ? i think you have to enter it to change
it - not sure whether the site passwd will do for that - anyone ?
just a guess, but were you using any funky characters ?
or maybe it's the dreaded caps lock key ?
did you check in an xterm that all letters of the password are what
you want them to be ?

--
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat
the yellow snow !