[Mailman-Users] wrapper

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Mon Apr 22 02:37:11 CEST 2002

At 05:29 PM 4/20/02 +0200, E.J.L. Kemper wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>can anyone please tell me what I should do when I see this?

Honestly, what you need to do is delete your installed mailman config,
(save mm_cfg.py if you edited it), and go through and reverify your
settings to configure.  Verify the paths you set, for instance.  Make sure
the mailman homedir is there, and has the right permissions.  Then
reinstall.  Because the error below is very self explanatory - an essential
piece of mailman simply isn't where you told the software you were going to
put it.

Start at the beginning of the INSTALL file and reverify everything step by
step.

I'm assuming you're running 2.0something, because in 2.1 there is no
wrapper program there anymore, it got renamed.  If you're running
2.1anything then, again, you really need to read the install and upgrade
files, because there's a *lot* of stuff you needed to do, including
regenerating all your aliases.