[Mailman-Users] List creation role per virtual domain?

Jan Stap stap at dse.nl
Sun Apr 21 22:26:37 CEST 2002

Hello,

where each user on the server gets an account and a subdomain of the server domain. So, suppose the server is called server.domain.com, a user joe gets an account "joe" and is assigned the domain joe.domain.com. Joe has a home page http://joe.domain.com and may send and receive mail on <aliases of choice>@joe.domain.com. Further, Joe may create and maintain one or more mailing lists at joe.domain.com. Ideally, joe should enter his account password at the list creation web page, in order to be able to create a list.

With the multi-domain functionality of Mailman 2.1b1, a user may moderate his lists and change the lists configurations. List creation is however a central role, so each user has to ask the server admin to create a list for him, which does not scale very much. Am I overlooking a feature, or should I create a wrapper script around the create CGI script and adjust the list creation web page to get the desired result?

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Jan Stap