[Mailman-Users] Decrypt List Admin Password

Tim Miller tmiller at nethawk.com
Sat Apr 20 22:12:20 CEST 2002

I am site admin using Mailman 2.0.8 under Linux.

We have several hundred lists running on our site and I am getting tired of the procedure of changing their passwords when they loose them.  I had intended on running a script to dump them out to a file that I could read and send them their old password but found that they (unlike the users pw) are encrypted.

I have no problem dumping the db file and pulling out the pw, but I do not know how to decrypt it via bash.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Tim