[Mailman-Users] Wrapper and SMRSH???

E.J.L. Kemper E.J.L.Kemper at CyberTech.NL
Fri Apr 19 19:22:22 CEST 2002

Hi there!

I'm a total newbie, the newest kind... I installed Mailman under
Netmax-linux (Based on RH6) and got the follwing problem, which I even found
in the FAQ:

Problem: I send mail to the list, and get back mail saying, sh: wrapper not
available for sendmail programs
Solution: Your system uses sendmail restricted shell (smrsh). You need to
configure smrsh by creating a symbolic link from the mail wrapper
($prefix/mail/wrapper) to the directory identifying executables allowed to
run under smrsh.

Some common names for this directory are /var/admin/sm.bin,
/usr/admin/sm.bin or /etc/smrsh.

Note that on Debian Linux, the system makes /usr/lib/sm.bin, which is wrong,
you will need to create the directory /usr/admin/sm.bin and add the link
there. Note further that any aliases newaliases spits out will need to be
adjusted to point to the secure link to the wrapper.

So: What do I type in to fix this ?

My SMRSH directory is  /usr/sbin

Help!?

Erik