[Mailman-Users] Any method to set alias for each member?

Lewis Lau WTLEWIS at cityu.edu.hk
Fri Apr 19 05:57:18 CEST 2002

Hi,

Now I have Mailman 2.0.9 up and run on my Mandrake box. I've created a
small list (about 20 members) for my students to take group discussion.
What I exactly wanted is:
      1. Hidden the "real email address" of the senders when they posting
message on the list.
      2. Each of them should have an alias (different names) showing in the
email header, so that others are still able to realise who is who.

I done the first part by set the "Hide the sender of a message, replacing
it with the list address (Removes From, Sender and Reply-To fields)" option
in the "Privacy Option" page to "Yes", now everybody have a fake "From
address": member at list.somewhere.net, but unfortunately everybody have the
same "From" alias, "Member-admin" as well! =(

Can somebody tell me how to setup the second part? I sincerely appreciate
for your kindly help!

Best Regards,
Lewis