[Mailman-Users] Re: Editability of messages

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Fri Apr 19 04:27:41 CEST 2002

> On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 15:54, Tom Neff wrote:
>     I will definitely issue an editing patch for 2.1 when it goes gold.  Since
>     this is one of their "we don't think you should WANT to do this"
>     hot-buttons, like controlling the List-* headers, I don't want to issue
>
> Well, if mailman did List-* headers properly, then people wouldn't want
> to edit them, no?

People don't want to edit them; people want to, knee-jerk, remove
them, as "it's noise, I don't want it, it scares me, please make
it go away".

What needs to be fixed?  It may well be fixed in 2.1.

> Right now, there aren't even any controls for this on
> umbrella lists, which is about the only place that you'd need to edit
> them.

Umbrella lists have always confused me, so it wouldn't surprise
me if the List- headers are wrong there.  (Not that I'm responsible
for them, but that I have no experience with umbrella lists.)