[Mailman-Users] multiple admin message locking

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Tue Apr 16 14:42:56 CEST 2002

How exactly does the requestdb page function?  From playing around with
it, I've come up with these questions:

When visited, the pending request page loads appropriate messages from
the qfiles dir into the browser of a list admin.  From there, the admin
may or may not edit the message & happily send it on it's way out or one
of the other options.  Ans I correct in what I've come up with so far &
does the message that gets sent come directly from the message in the
admin's browser?

What would happen in this situation: Two admins both opened the requetdb
page at nearly the same time, so that both of them had all pending
requests in front of them to approve.  The first admin approves a
message & it gets sent to the list.  The second admin still has this
message in their browser, and not knowing the first admin has already
approved it, they too approve it.  Does the message get sent twice?
I've also denied a message, mindlessly gone back in my browser history &
approved the previously denied message.  It too appears to have gotten
sent out.

Are these situations in fact possible?  or is there some other type of
locking implemented or a way to prevent such situations?