[Mailman-Users] CGI error, please help!

Lau Yuet yuet at wildmail.com
Tue Apr 16 04:35:12 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm new on mailman. I've just installed the mailman version 2.0.9 on
my machine days ago, running Mandrake 8.1 and Postfix.
I got the following error message when I try to view the listinfo
page, what should I do to fix the problem? Please kindly help me.

Lewis

Mailman CGI error!!!
The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as
set by the Web server.
The most likely cause is that Mailman was configured and installed
incorrectly. Please read the INSTALL instructions again, paying close
attention to the --with-cgi-gid configure option. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid 48.  (Reconfigure to
take 48?)

Jesus Christ, our help for
today, our hope for tomorrow.