[Mailman-Users] list statistics

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 13 08:54:20 CEST 2002

> > Now run the file once to test it:
> >   /usr/local/sbin/mm_stats
>
> bash: /usr/local/sbin/mm_stats: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> > You should see no output, and after a few seconds a prompt will come
> > back.
>
> What do i wrong?
>
> Danny Terweij.

You my friend do not have bash!  Are you running on Solaris?  I'll have to
check the script to see if work right on Solaris.  I wrote it on Linux.

In the meantime, you can try changing the first line of the script to:
#! /bin/sh

The first line controls which shell runs the script.  I love bash, and
fortunately for me, most other folks do too, so it's on a huge number of
machines.  The only boxes I program on that don't have bash on them by
default are Solaris boxen.  Go figure.

Don't worry about experimenting with the script.  It only writes to a file in
/tmp/.. The rest of the script is a bunch of reads, etc.

Let me know what happens!

Jon Carnes