[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_URL, DEFAULT_HOSTNAME

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 10:55:03 CEST 2002

At 15:43 11/04/2002 -0500, Jason Signalness wrote:

>I have a problem.  Some of the email being sent out by mailman (password
>reminders, etc.) are coming from an incorrect DEFAULT_URL.
>
>For example, mail has a "from" field of dsl1234.bti.com, which is
>outdated.  It should be set to cyclend.org. The URL they are coming from
>is the same as the one specified in Defaults.py.
>
>The problem is that I have overridden these variables in the
>mm_cfg.py.  For some reason, the values in mm_cfg.py don't seem to be
>taking affect.
>
>Thanks,

Assuming MM 2.0.x: Checking and possibly changing the last field (Base URL
for Mailman web interface) on the General Options page of the web GUI for
the list concerned may help; just heed the warning in the detailed
explanation for the field. I think the url and hostname used in respect of
a list are extracted dynamically from this list attribute and the value it
has is set at list creation time to the values obtained from
mm_cfg.py/Defaults.py. I believe that subsequent changes in
mm_cfg.py/Defaults.py values do not affect existing lists.