[Mailman-Users] How do I suppress ?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 11 13:10:21 CEST 2002

 --- Original Message: Wednesday 10 April 2002 08:07 pm ---
> Jon,
>
> Can you help me find the reference to the work around as the only
> post i found(see below) is a post from Greg Stein in 1999 stating
> that it can't be done but I am hopeful something has been updated.
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/1999-April/001072.html
>
> Thanks,
> Moshe

Well that's ridiculous!  I can think of a work-around right now (without
having even glanced at the code).

Find the section of mailman that sends out the Message and add a conditional.
Something like,
  if welcome.<listname>.txt exists welcome.fil = welcome.<listname>.txt
  else welcome.fil = welcome.txt

Then simply put in a custom welcome file for any list that you want.  This
works for any of the other files you want to use in Mailman as well.

I'll see if I can find the official work-around.  If not, I'll look at the
code and see if I can pinpoint it for you quickly.

Jon Carnes