[Mailman-Users] HT:Dig + v2.1

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 15:47:52 CEST 2002

At 10:44 04/04/2002 -0500, Tim Miller wrote:
>Will HT:Dig work with v2.1 and the existing patches released for v2.06?

If you check out:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=444879&group_id=103&atid=300103

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=444884&group_id=103&atid=300103

you will find that I have posted versions of my Mailman-htdig patches for
version 2.1. However, changes of the CVS code mean that the patches are
trying to hit a moving target and I cannot say that they will apply without
complaint to whatever you extract from the Mailman CVS today. You may have
to hand fettle the patching if the CVS has moved to a state where the patch
utility cannot do it alone. When MM 2.1 goes stable I'll post a version of
the patches to fit.

Unless you really need to use MM 2.1 and are prepared to run beta code I'd
suggest you stick to 2.0.8. If you decide to go ahead with 2.1 but have
trouble with the patches let me know and I'll try to find time to rework
them for the _current_ CVS state.

>We are wanting to use HT:Dig with v2.0.8 but I'm not interested in
>spending a bunch of time getting it to work and then find that we will have

There are already versions of the patch files that will apply cleanly to
vanilla MM 2.0.8 posted on sourceforge. All this is in the notes posted
there for the patches. But to be clear, you need:

1. from patch 444879 the file indexing-2.0.6.patch (this didn't need to
change from 2.0.6 thru 2.0.7 to 2.0.8)

2. from patch 444884 the file htdig-2.0.8-0.1.patch

You shouldn't find it too much of a problem getting the MM 2.0.8 working
with the MM-htdig integration. See the comments and file names on sourceforge.