[Mailman-Users] trouble with final steps of install.

Dene Ulmschneider dene at ulmschneiders.com
Sun Apr 7 01:19:13 CEST 2002

Hit there-

I am running RHL 7.2 with a PIII-500 and 78mb Ram.

When I type "python" at the prompt - I get the following version output:
         Python 1.5.2 (#1, Jul  5 2001, 03:02:19)  [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red
Hat Linux 7.1 2 on linux-i386

I setup the "test" list as described in the documentation - but never
received an email notifying me how to access the list.
I am also trying to figure out how to setup the httpd.conf to allow access
to the server via the web. I have added the following
to my httpd.conf file for use of Mailman:
         ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
         Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"
and
         <VirtualHost 10.0.0.100>
                 ServerAdmin mailman-owner at datatechie.com
                 DocumentRoot /home/mailman/
                 ServerName  mailman.datatechie.com
                 ErrorLog mailman-error_log
                 TransferLog mailman-access_log
                 ServerSignature email
                 DirectoryIndex  index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml
                 LogLevel  warn
                 HostNameLookups off
         </VirtualHost>

Also- isn't there "home page" for admin via the web? I have not found an
"index.htm" anywhere in the Mailman folders.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dene.