[Mailman-Users] after 2.0.9 upgrade, admin web pages won't accept any changes

Andrew J Cosgriff ajc at polydistortion.net
Fri Apr 5 07:46:08 CEST 2002

I've just upgraded Mailman on our Solaris 7 box (Python 2.1.1, Postfix
1.1.7), from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9, this morning.

I first noticed this afternoon that when I went to set somebody's list
subscription to "nomail" via the admin web interface, it ignored me
(ie. I checked nomail, hit submit, and it reloaded the page with
nomail stil unset).  Ok, fine, I've got a command-line tool to twiddle
the nomail flag for somebody, I'll go and do that.

Next, I had to approve a message I sent to a list (I'd used the wrong
>From address).  On the pending requests web page, I checked "approve",
hit "submit", and it reloaded the page with the mail still held,
waiting for my approval.

There's no stray lock files in ~mailman/lock.

I've tried from the following browsers, in case it was a browser
problem...

- galeon 1.2.0 (linux), my usual browser
- opera 6.0b1 (linux) - I even got it to "forget all private data"
  (hence the cookies), and it didn't help
- IE 6.0 under Windows XP

...but the behaviour's the same under all of them.

I tried downgrading to 2.0.8 and the same thing happens, so I'm a
little stuck here.

confused,
 Andrew
--