[Mailman-Users] File archive with a mailing list

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Wed Apr 3 02:05:00 CEST 2002

I'm trying to solve a problem we have, which requires some pointer to a
file archive (that must be authenticated to) which accompanies a Mailman list.

What we've been doing is using "strings -a" to get the passwords out of
config.db, then putting those into an .htpasswd file.  Obviously very hacky.

I wonder if there's a better way to do this, or if someone has a solution
to a similar issue.

For example, it would be just as well for us that someone authenticates
with the web archives (this is a private list) and therein a pointer to the
file archive is available, where the code just uses that same cookie.

Thanks.