[Mailman-Users] Help please, user unknown error!

manoj manoj at rii.ricoh.com
Thu Apr 4 22:01:06 CEST 2002

Hi All,

I installed and configured mailman on my Solaris 8 server and it works fine
as far related to web. I can browse this list on the web and so on so forth.

When I subscribe the list I am also receiving a confirmation mail something
like this
HSCompMan -- confirmation of subscription -- request 626173

When I am hitting reply to this mail, I am getting this error:

The original message was received at Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:09:04 -0800 (PST)
from manoj.crc.ricoh.com [192.20.11.142]

<dhscompman-request at rii.ricoh.com>
dhscompman-request at yellow.crc.ricoh.com
    (expanded from: <dhscompman-request at rii.ricoh.com>)

550 dhscompman-request at yellow.crc.ricoh.com  ... User unknown
550 <dhscompman-request at rii.ricoh.com>... User unknown

I made alias on my /etc/aliases file like this.

/etc/aliases
dhscompman:                   "|/public/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post
dhscompman"
dhscompman-admin:             "|/public/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
dhscompman"
dhscompman-request:           "|/public/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd
dhscompman"
dhscompman-owner:             dhscompman-admin

While I installed mailman I created an account called mailman on this server
as well as a group too.

Can some one help me to solve that problem that what I am doing wrong??

Thanks in advance.

Manoj