[Mailman-Users] "Envelope-to:"-header

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Wed Apr 3 06:42:17 CEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 05:37:44PM -0800, Thomas Bartke wrote:
> Hi:
>
> why is it that the "Envelope-to:"-header in posts from my mailing list lists
> all recipients? I noticed that he mails from this list (Mailman-Users) only
> puts a single e-mail address in the "Envelope-to:"-header. Can we do that,
> too?

Would you care to tell us what MTA you are using and maybe showing us the
headers of an example message?

My  first guess  is that  your  mailing lists  are  local and  that all  the
receipients are in the same domain, so they all show up in the same RCPT TO,
whereas  when  you get  a  message  from  mailman-users,  you are  the  only
subscribe from your domain, hence the only one in that header.

Marc