[Mailman-Users] Re: use of MIME stripping plugins

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Wed Apr 3 01:29:34 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 tneff at bigfoot.com wrote:
> I tried and shelved stripmime.pl.  Demime kicks its butt & gives much more
> comprehensive service.  My advice is to install and use it instead.

They are very different programs with similar end goals.  Demime
has a larger feature set, but requires a more complex install
because it uses a lot of Perl packages.  Some of those packages
have additional resource requirements too (such as creating
temp files during parsing).

Stripmime is package free and simple.  It removes MIME, nothing
less, nothing more.  I'm not sure what features you are putting
under "much more comprehensive service".

Luckily you have two options to pick from.  When I first write
stripmime there weren't any.

alex