[Mailman-Users] HTML archives

Chris Spencer cspencer at cait.org
Tue Apr 2 23:02:18 CEST 2002

> Chris Spencer wrote:
>
> I have installed and configured mailman on Debian using apache for the
> web server.
>
> I am able to send mail to the list and perform all list management, etc
> successfully.
>
> However, the archives are not being generated at all, though the full
> body of the messages is available.
>
> Any ideas where I should start?
> ---
> do you have the alias for /pipermail in your apache config?

Yes, I have the alias.  It's not an apache specific problem.

> have you looked in /var/lib/mailman/archives/{public|private} to see if
> the html archives are actually being generated?

Yes, the archives are being generated but are empty.

The generated page says:

You can get more information about this list or you can download the
full raw archive ( 13 KB ).

Currently, there are no archives.

> are there any errors in the mailman logs?

None.

> --
> Will Yardley
> input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >

Any other ideas?

I appreciate the assistance.
Chris Spencer
System and Network Administrator
Center for the Application of Information Technologies
www.cait.org     (309) 298-1804     cspencer at cait.org