[Mailman-Users] remove_members by other users

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 23:10:39 CEST 2001

On Sunday 30 September 2001 13:01, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to be able executing remove_members by other users ( like nobody )
>
> Is it possible ?

The program is open-source, so yes, you can make it do whatever you like.

There is a binary called "remove_members" in ~mailman/bin/...  it can
remove anyone from any list.   Of course you need telnet or ssh access to
the server to use it.  If you need to make this possible via the web, then
you will need to do some writing (or selective deleting).

You could always make available to the public the Admin "membership
management" page.  Though I would disable the add function in this case
(for the publicly available page).

Doing that would be fairly easy, I would estimate an experienced
admin/hacker could do it in about 6 hours.

Good luck - Jon Carnes