[Mailman-Users] Using Mail-From: Authentification

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Fri Sep 28 15:18:20 CEST 2001

On 27 September 2001, Franz Georg K?hler said:
> Unfortunately, I need mailman to just use the from:-Header as
> authentification, due to the fact that exim prevents me from changing my
> sender header to the address which i'm using on mailing lists.

If you have root privileges on the Exim server in question, I rather
doubt this: there are very few things that Exim won't let you do, given
enough time grovelling through the manual.  Also, if you're a trusted
users to that Exim server, you can get away with a lot more
(eg. supplying an enveloper sender with "exim -f").

Have you tried using an MUA (eg. mutt) that lets you set the "Sender"
header yourself?

If all else fails, what about resubscribing to the Mailman list as the
address that you're stuck with using?

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org