[Mailman-Users] missing moderator approval messages

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 26 04:07:03 CEST 2001

On Monday 24 September 2001 13:05, YCG wrote:
> Postings to list never make it to the moderator for approval.

Need lots more to answer that question.

Do any of your lists work - pass mail out to the members of the lists?
Is it just the moderator part that doesn't work?
What level of moderation do you have set for the list?
Have you setup the moderation manually to know email addresses that work?
What is your MTA? (sendmail, postfix, exim,...)
Did you setup the aliases for the list properly so that it mixes properly
with your MTA?
Do you see the messages to be approved/discarded/rejected when you go to
the web pages and look at the administrative requests?

Help us help you by being as detailed (and on point) as you can.
If you want to give me the web-site and admin password for the group, I'll
be happy to look at the setup for you - but you really should try to take a
wack at solving it yourself rather than hand out passwords to strangers
acrosss the internet....