[Mailman-Users] FreeBSD + Mailman 2.06 + Sendmail problem.

Jo Brooks jobrooks at us.dhl.com
Mon Sep 24 23:36:04 CEST 2001

If you have archiving enabled, check the size of the archive if this
is a high traffic list.

I ran into this problem a month or so ago, with one of our internal
lists.  It was taking so long to add the message to the archives
that the qrunner process could never finish processing the messages
and deliver them.  The messages would get posted to the archives
successfully, but never ever get delivered...they'd just stay in
the qfiles directory.

And only that one list was affected...all the other lists on that
server were fine.

By pure dumb luck, I discovered that the archive that I had thought
was disabled had grown to 26Mb and was still climbing.

This even slowed down access to the admin webpages to the point
of uselessness, but once I finally got in and turned off archiving,
everything went back to its normal speedy self.

I also never heard anyone say if they've seen this problem before,
or if there's a workaround (we are not archiving, so it's not a
problem, but i'd imagine that it could prove to be a major issue
for someone out there).

JoJo Brooks
DHL Worldwide Express