[Mailman-Users] quick question

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Thu Sep 20 17:46:13 CEST 2001

On 19 September 2001, Kathy Fischer said:
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the name of a mailman
> mailing list?

This is apparently a FAQ, but it's not in the actual FAQ document.

> We have a few mail lists, that the names need to be changed on.  We want
> to keep the subscriptions the same though.  Can I just change the name
> on the list, and update our alias file to reflect the changes?  Or, is
> it more involved, or possibly not possible?

It is indeed more involved, *if* you want to do it right.  Roll up your
sleeves, make yourself a nice big cup of coffee, and see
  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2001-August/013459.html
for the extremely gory details.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org