[Mailman-Users] Alias problem . . .

Robert Walker bob at step.polymtl.ca
Wed Sep 19 22:02:40 CEST 2001

Hello,
	I am having problems installing mailman. Actually it installed
allright (./configure, make, make install) . . . But I keep receiving
message 403 from apache (You are not authorized to view this page).
The Apache conf shows:

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /our_mailman_dir/cgi-bin/

and I get the following message in the Apache logs:
 client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/admin

I also tried adding the directive
Alias /mailman/ /our_mailman_dir/
but Apache gives a 404 error. . . .

I believe the perms are allright (r-x for other and rwx for
mailman/mailman)

What can I do ?

We also had problems compiling mailman without suing to root, it keep
saying mailman user does not exist (Even if it did) . . .

Thanks a lot
Good Day
Robert Walker