[Mailman-Users] post failures !

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Tue Sep 18 17:27:03 CEST 2001

On 18 September 2001, li.st said:
> hi there!
>
> I'm still looking for a solution for the following strange error:
>
> any idear, why all posts from test-request at localhost to an
> external adress fail, while posts from external adresses or from
> test-request at localhost to localhost adresses succeed?

You haven't mentioned which MTA you're using, or given any excerpts from
its log.

You haven't demonstrated a manual replication of *exactly* what Exim
does when it sends a message.  (Ie. connect to localhost:25 and submit a
list message with multiple recipients.)  My guess is that doing so will
reveal why your MTA is rejecting these messages.

I don't think you mentioned which OS you're running.  You may have
mentioned your Mailman and Python versions, but I don't remember.

If people haven't answered, it's probably because you haven't given
enough information.

        Greg