[Mailman-Users] How to change defaults...

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon Sep 17 17:21:54 CEST 2001

At 5:54 -0400 9/17/2001, Joao Borsoi Soares wrote:
>I'm new in mailman and python. Can someone help me on how to compile a
>.py to a .pyc? I made changes in the Defaults.py.

Python will notice the changes the next time it is told to import
Defaults.py, and compile a new Defaults.pyc.

You can force it to happen by doing (in a suitable location)
python
import Defaults.py
<control-D>
but there is no real need to do so.

*Most* changes which one is tempted to make in Defaults.py should instead
be made in mm_cfg.py, which is imported after Defaults.py and so can change
any value found in Defaults.py.  The install process for a Mailman upgrade
will leave your mm_cfg.py alone but replace the Defaults.py file.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA