[Mailman-Users] problem... User unknown

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 12:05:43 CEST 2001

On Thu, 2001-09-06 at 09:31, Xavier NOEL LARDIN wrote:
> So, i have intalled Mailman on a server (redHat). I use sendmail for my MTA, and Apache for my web server.
> the problem is when i send a message to an existant list, i have tle following message : User unknown !
> I have tested this in few lists, and i obtain the same result !
> Nowever, when i add member to my list, this person receive correctly the welcoming message.
> So can you help me please.

Have you made the lists known to sendmail - probably by adding them into
the alias file (the entry to add to the alias file is output by newlist
when you create the list).  Also you may need to run newaliases or
whatever is needed by your MTA to make the aliases known.

	Nigel.