[Mailman-Users] Attachments

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Tue Sep 4 21:20:28 CEST 2001

On 31 August 2001, John Perez said:
> I am working on a project for my company in which a group of people will
> be sending email that needs to be sent to the rest of the group (typical
> mail list).  However, I need my members to be able to send emails with
> attachments, so the the email, with attachments can be viewed, archived,
> et...  Will Mailman allow me to use attachments?

Yes, but:

  * you'll probably have to crank up the default minimum message
    size, which is 40 kB -- entirely appropriate for most publich
    mailing lists, but probably not for your needs

  * Pipermail -- the default archiver supplied with Mailman --
    doesn't understand MIME.  It just shows the raw MIME message
    bodies, which are interesting, but not what your users
    want.  (And doesn't really take advantage of the web's
    capabilities, alas.)

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org