[Mailman-Users] reply_goes_to_list, reply_to_address, "Submit" from webinterface

Sonam Chauhan sonamc at ce.com.au
Tue Sep 4 06:44:36 CEST 2001

Matthias Leisi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem which I can't seem to solve for myself. The setup:
>
>  * Mailman 2.0.6
>  * Apache 1.3.19
>
> Setting up Mailman was easy, administration via the webinterface works, and
> I can send mails to list members without problems. But, I can't seem to
> _save_ any changes to reply_goes_to_list and reply_to_address in a
> consistent manner.
>
> The list ist test at lists.astrum.ch:
>
>  * When I set reply_goes_to_list to "This list", Reply-To: in outgoing
>    mails gets set to "test at astrum.ch".
>  * When I set reply_goes_to_list is set to "Explicit address", the field
>    "Explicit Reply-To:-Header" as entered there is not the same as in the
>
> E.g., I set "foo at lists.astrum.ch" to be put in Reply-To:, but still
> "test at astrum.ch" is being put in the outgoing mails.

Try setting lists.astrum.ch to be the default "servername" in the main
config page.
It worked for me. Warning: take note of the details mentioned about this
setting.

> /Sometimes/, I can't save the content of the "Explicit Reply-To-Header"-
> field; when I try to empty it and press "Submit", it pops up with the same
> content as before (it does not seem to be a problem with the browser, as I
> tested with Mozilla 0.9.3 and Lynx 2.8.3dev9.
>
> Any ideas?

No ideas, but I can confirm this... that the "Explicit Reply-To-Header"-
field has popped up with the same field for me too. Looks like a bug,
though I haven't duplicated it.

--
Electronic Commerce
Corporate Express Australia Ltd.