[Mailman-Users] wrapper problem

Will Nordmeyer will at willspc.net
Sun Sep 2 00:17:02 CEST 2001

On further testing, my aliases file has:

willslist:               "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post willslist"
willslist-admin:         "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
willslist"
willslist-request:       "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd willslist"
willslist-owner:         willslist-admin

>From root, I sent mail to willslist...  I got the following error:

For some reason it wanted to run /usr/adm/sm.bin/wrapper which is a link
to a wrapper program within majordomo.

Why is sendmail running that wrapper program, when the desired wrapper
program is stored within the aliases file?

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post willslist"
    (expanded from: willslist)

/usr/adm/sm.bin/wrapper: error: Not running with proper UID and GID.
    Make certain that wrapper is installed setuid, and if so,
    recompile with POSIX flags.
554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post willslist"... Internal error

Sorry for all the messages today, I'm trying to get this up & running
for a client by Monday.

--Will