[Mailman-Users] First Time Setup - unable to confirm a sub

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sat Sep 1 22:03:22 CEST 2001

So I've set up mailman, obviously something is wrong. :)

If I go to the web interface and subscribe to "test", I get sent the
token. However, when I mail the token back (hit reply, send, just
like I do everywhere else) it seems to blackhole the confirmation. It
doesn't tell me "bad", it doesn't actually confirm it, and I'm still
left in the pending-subs list.

As far as sendmail is concerned, the wrapper script happily took it:

Sep  1 12:54:16 minbar sm-mta[5870]: f81JsFTf005870: from=<dredd at megacity.org>,
size=1168, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<p0510100ab7b6ed605ad1@[192.168.123.171]>, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=smc.megacity.org [198.144.200.174]
Sep  1 12:54:17 minbar sm-mta[5873]: f81JsFTf005870:
to="|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test",
ctladdr=<test-request at megacity.org> (2/0), delay=00:00:01, x
delay=00:00:01, mailer=prog, pri=31183, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

Anyone have any thoughts?

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |