[Mailman-Users] why can't people see my lists?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 19:21:19 CET 2001

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 11:31, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:

> I have four lists running and. for each of them, in the Privacy Options
> page I have "Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on the
> machine?" set to "Yes". Isn't that where I set this feature?
>
> TIA,
>
> J.

Compiled into ~mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo is the home directory of Mailman,
and the assumtion that the lists will be found off the home directory in
"lists/".
If you have moved the home directory for Mailman or the list directory - or
your webserver cannot read the list/ directory, then you will get that
message.

Personally I would start by looking at the rights of the directories.

You can also use the strings command to look inside the listinfo cgi to see
what it is looking for.

Jon Carnes