[Mailman-Users] Overriding the subscribeack.txt file for my read-only lists...

Jose L. Hales-Garcia jose at stat.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 31 01:27:43 CET 2001

At 2:20 PM -0500 10/30/01, Jon Carnes wrote:
>You could hack the code on this one fairly easily, creating a file with
>lists that get a different subscribeack.txt. - or you could simply have a
>second install of Mailman for these lists...

I hacked the Deliverer.py file, putting the following in the Deliverer
class declaration:

        # get the text from the template
        if os.path.exists('/Users/mailman/MailSystem/lists/' + string.lower(self
.real_name) + '/readonly'):
           template_file = 'subscribeack-readonly.txt'
        else:
           template_file = 'subscribeack.txt'
        text = Utils.maketext(
            template_file,
            {'real_name'   : self.real_name,
             'host_name'   : self.host_name,
             'welcome'     : welcome,
             'umbrella'    : umbrella,
             'emailaddr'   : self.GetListEmail(),
             'listinfo_url': self.GetScriptURL('listinfo', absolute=1),
             'optionsurl'  : self.GetOptionsURL(name, absolute=1),
             'password'    : password,
             })

The 'readonly' file is just an empty stub file.  I'm not sure if this
is what you had in mind but it works for me.

Thanks,
Jose
UCLA Department of Statistics
Jose L. Hales-Garcia