[Mailman-Users] Old Question, New Twist

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 26 20:45:01 CEST 2001

If you could just name the rpm: mailman-using_postfix-2.xxx.rpm that would
solve a lot of mysteries.

IMO, you really don't need to make a sendmail based one, as long as users
know to use postfix with the install.  For the typical user postfix is
going to be easier.  Plus from the list discussions, it seems that folks
perfer it about 4:1 (and that one is not always sendmail).

BTW: Mandrake rocks!  It's my favorite dist.

On Friday 26 October 2001 14:27, Paul Cox wrote:
> I'm that one that's done the last couple of Mandrake .rpm's for
> Mandrake.  Let me help you out.
>
> On Thursday, Oct 25, 2001, David Pierron wrote:
> > My first initial problem was with smrsh but overcame that with a
> > symbolic link ...
>
> First question, is smrsh a sendmail thing?  What is it exactly?

Smrsh is used by Sendmail to specify exactly which scripts that Sendmail is
allowed to run.  Sendmail will only run scripts that have a link in
/etc/smrsh

Jon Carnes