[Mailman-Users] Old Question, New Twist

Paul Cox paul at coxcentral.com
Fri Oct 26 20:43:12 CEST 2001

On Friday, Oct 26, 2001, Greg Ward wrote:

> > > Yes.  It *sounds* like Mandrake's Mailman RPM is broken, so you'll have
> > > to build from source.
> >
> > Not broken, just built specifically for Postfix as that's the Mandrake
> > default.
>
> OK, that makes perfect sense.  Thanks for clarifying, and sorry for
> inadvertently castering aspersions on your efforts.
>
> Building a separate mailman-sendmail RPM sounds like the right solution
> to me, but probably more trouble than it's worth...

*shrug*  Actually, it wouldn't be all that hard, just have to change the
mail gid in the configure script, and the rest should take care of
itself (in theory =) .  There are probably enough sendmail users to make
it worthwhile.  Maybe I'll look into a qmail specific one also.

--
Paul Cox <paul at coxcentral dot com>
Kernel: 2.4.8-30.1mdk  -  Uptime: 16 hours 33 minutes.