[Mailman-Users] Mailman and exim problem (qrunner not delivering)?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Thu Oct 25 07:02:07 CEST 2001

    M> First, the README.EXIM has to be changed to look for config.pck
    M> instead of config.db (or else messages won't even get out the
    M> starting gate)--at least, that's what I had to do.

Ah thanks, I've updated README.EXIM in cvs.

    M> Next, I'm still getting the same problems as before--messages
    M> get into the qfiles directory and then just sit there.

    M> Oct 24 02:54:33 2001 (28401) delivery to
    M> moacir at zuikis.uchicago.edu failed with code -1: ignore

    M> is an example of the line I get in smtp-failure.

    M> Any hints?

Looking at SMTPDirect.py gives a clue: if your smtp connection failed
because of a low-level socket error, or any kind of SMTPException
other than SMTPRecipientsRefused, we can't dig an smtp error code out
of the exception, so we log it as error -1.

I suspect that Mailman can't complete the socket connection to your
MTA.

-Barry