[Mailman-Users] Using pre-existing passwords along with MailMan passwords?

Paul Cox paul at coxcentral.com
Tue Oct 23 22:21:31 CEST 2001

On Monday, Oct 22, 2001, Jerry Stratton wrote:

> What I'm looking at as a possibility is setting up an Apache
> .htaccess file so that all of the mailman directories are password
> protected, but allow guest access (Apache has a special module that
> will do this). If a user logs in using their UNet account, map it to
> their e-mail address and bypass mailman's login process. If the user
> logs in as a guest, do not bypass mailman's login process.

If you manage to figure it out, please tell us how you did it. =)  This
sounds like a REALLY cool feature, so maybe you should send it to the
mailman-developers list, or Barry directly.  It probably wouldn't be
until sometime in the distant future, I'm afraid though (AFAIK).

--
Paul Cox <paul at coxcentral dot com>
Kernel: 2.4.8-26mdk  -  Uptime: 2 days 14 hours 57 minutes.