[Mailman-Users] Importing users from another list server

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Tue Oct 23 00:44:35 CEST 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:39:41 -0500
Lee Leahu <lee at ricis.com> wrote:

> On my other program (NT based), I have about 50,000 users
> subscribed.  How would you folks go about moving these users to
> Mailman?

~/bin/add_members

> Will Mailman be able to handle this volume of email?

Yes.  Your MTA, depending on mail volume, connectivity,
configuration, and host confguration may be another matter (or may
not).  Chuq, Nigel and I have had extensive threads on the
-developers list on how to build scalable performant mail systems.
Check the archives.

--
J C Lawrence