[Mailman-Users] Throwing away Implicit messages rather than holding them

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Sun Oct 21 21:04:31 CEST 2001

    JC> Looking into dumping that implicit mail instead of letting it
    JC> pile up it seems a bit more complex than editing the
    JC> SpamDetect.py module.

FWIW I have plans to add something like this to Mailman, but I'm not
sure it's going to happen in time for MM2.1.  For sender-centric holds
(i.e. is this sender a member or not?) I've now got 4 lists of
addresses which can be used to auto-accept, hold, reject, or discard
messages based on the email address of the sender.

I would suggest that if you're interested in working on this, try to
use the MM2.1 codebase so there's a chance of accepting a contribution
later.  Also, if you want to discuss these ideas or need advice about
implementation details, mailman-developers is a better list to do this
on.

Cheers,
-Barry