[Mailman-Users] Any way to disable passwords?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 21 16:13:16 CEST 2001

On Saturday 20 October 2001 22:20, Jordan Graham wrote:
> I'm a new user of Mailman, and have a long list of email addresses from
> which inquiries have come to me, many of which are no longer valid.  Is
> there a way to:
>
> 1.  Disable passwords, so that by simply replying to an email from the
> list with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, a user can be
> removed?

Check the archives for a patch that lets you do something like this.  I
think someone made a patch that bypasses the password check for
unsubscribes. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll pinpoint the part
of code you need to change (the code is very readable and easy to edit).

> 2.  Have fatal "undeliverable" notices automatically remove that user
> from the list?

Check out the "Bounce options" page in the Admin interface:
  "Action when critical or excessive bounces are detected"

Jon Carnes