[Mailman-Users] Mailman commands from ~mailman/bin/...

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Sat Oct 20 01:11:42 CEST 2001

This is a summary of the mailman commands available via the console in
~mailman/bin/
===

add_members:  add regular or digested users to a list.

arch:  rebuild a mailing list's archives.

check_db:  check a mailing list database for corruption.

check_perms:  check the permissions on the Mailman installation.

clone_member:  add a list member with identical settings as an existing
    list member (including password).

config_list:  change list configuration from the command line.

digest_arch:  convert majordomo archives into mailbox format. Old program,
    use with extreme care!

dumpdb:  dump the contents of a Mailman .db file.
    find_member:  find all lists that a specified user is on.
list_lists:  list all the Mailman mailing lists.

list_members:  list all the members of a mailing list.

mmsitepass:  set the site password, good for admin-ing any list.

move_list:  reset where the database looks for its files, if you change
    the name of the dirs because you change the name of the list.

newlist:  create a new mailing list.

remove_members:  remove specified members from a list.

rmlist:  remove an old mailing list - does not remove the archives unless
    you specify -a.

sync_members:  synchronizes mailing list membership with a flat text file.

update:  upgrade from previous version of Mailman to current version.

version:  print out the version of Mailman you are using.

withlist:  advanced interactions with mailing list objects.

paths.py - module used by many Mailman scripts to tell it where its files
    are stored.