[Mailman-Users] Dummyfunction "Newsletter"

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Fri Oct 19 00:39:49 CEST 2001

Subject: [Mailman-Users] Dummyfunction "Newsletter"

> Hi,
>
> i try to setup a "Newsletter" for a customer.
>
> 1) Is it possible to change the Sender-Header from
>   Sender: newsletter at domain
>   Sender: "Newsletter Service" <newsletter at domain>
> so that in most Mail Programs the "Newsletter Service" appear?

You can certainly send it directly from your workstation with the email
defined as being whomever you desire.  Mailman neither impedes nor assists
you here.  Feel free to spoof the From field - just make sure that that
individual email can send to the list.

> 2) Is it possible to hide the List-Header (i.e. "List-Subscribe")?
> Reason is that the Mailman installation is in our Intranet, and i don´t
> want to give out this informations. All Functions will be only
> availbable with the Mail command function.

See an earlier message about this (from yesterday?).  You will have to edit
a file and then recompile in order to get rid of those lines.

If you are not going to use the web-based functions of mailman, you may wish
to move to a List-serve that is designed for just email access - something
like Majordomo.  Otherwise, you will have to do a lot of work to cover-up
the Web-based features.

Jon Carnes