[Mailman-Users] Help me in Mailman List Manager

Sashikanth.Polamraju at sae.siemens.com.sg Sashikanth.Polamraju at sae.siemens.com.sg
Thu Oct 18 06:21:50 CEST 2001

Hi,

                           In this outset, let me introduce myself. I am
sashi working in Siemens, Singapore.
                           I fascinated by mailman for its  unique features.
I have downloaded the tar ball (mailman 2.0.5) from http://www.list.org
<http://www.list.org>   and followed all the instructions.

                          Following the setup and configuring on FreeBSD,
I'd created a new test list. After the list was successfully added,
mailman-owner(I.e I) got an e-mail.
                          I faced a problem when I tried to enter password
at List Administrator's screen(I.e
http://mail.apmd.siemens.com.sg/mailman/admin/hss_group
<http://mail.apmd.siemens.com.sg/mailman/admin/hss_group> ).
                           Although I'd entered the correct password,  the
screen displays "Authorization Failed".

                          I request you to kindly help me.

                         Here are the additional details:

                                                   [1] mailman home is
/home/mailman
                                                   [2] DEFAULT URL is
http://mail.apmd.siemens.com.sg/mailman/
<http://mail.apmd.siemens.com.sg/mailman/>

                                                   [3] httpd.conf  following
2 lines were added

                                                          ScriptAlias
/mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
                                                         Alias  /pipermail/
"/home/mailman/archives/public"

Hss_group Administrative Authentication

List Administrative Password:

Important: From this point on, you must have cookies enabled in your
browser, otherwise no administrative changes will take effect.

Session cookies are used in Mailman's administrative interface so that you
don't need to re-authenticate with every administrative operation. This
cookie will expire automatically when you exit your browser, or you can
explicitly expire the cookie by hitting the Logout link under Other
Administrative Activities (which you'll see once you successfully log in).

 Thank you in advance.
With Regards.
sashi

Siemens Advanced Engineering Pte Ltd

DID: (+65)879 9501 Fax:(+65)879 9500

* : sashikanth.polamraju <mailto:sashikanth.polamraju at sae.siemens.com.sg>
@sae.siemens.com.sg

--------

CAUTION : This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee/s named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or reproduction of this message, partial or in its entirety, is
prohibited.

If you have received this message in error please notify the sender of this
message immediately.

Authentication failed

.