[Mailman-Users] No Resend after receiving after months of working flawlessly

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 17 20:17:13 CEST 2001

> And the E-mail that was sent was indeed large, that took mailman down I
> pressume.
>
> So at this point I don't see anything that could cause the crash.
> And even now Mailman refuses to sendmail.
>
> Might a reinstall of mailman be a sollution?
>
> Sacha

I would delete the backed up qfiles first and see if that doesn't clear it
all up.

Plus your config files may have gotten corrupt.  You should run check_db on
them.  Do you make weekly (or daily) backups?

It could still be a memory problem since we don't know what state you
server was in while handling the list.  Memory is really cheap these days,
and it sure couldn't hurt to add some.

I wonder though if this could be a lock file problem.  When something
happens while a list is going through a big send *and* someone sends in a
change to the config file for the list (an add/delete or a modify of an
existing user).  Presumably the lock file should prevent the two from
accessing the database at the same time (at least in write mode).

Jon Carnes