[Mailman-Users] Lost admin password/aliases

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Mon Oct 15 22:37:08 CEST 2001

> So my questions are:
> 1) How can I recover/reset the administrative password?

You can reset the password by using ~mailman/bin/mmsitepass
This will let you set a site-wide password that is good for administering
any lists.

> 2) How can I regenerate the aliases for the lists Mailman manages?

The aliases are all of the form:

## ebulletin mailing list
## created: 19-Jan-2001 craige
ebulletin:               "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post ebulletin"
ebulletin-admin:         "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner ebulletin"
ebulletin-request:       "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd ebulletin"
ebulletin-owner:         ebulletin-admin

Be sure that the path to "wrapper" is correct (~mailman/mail/wrapper), and
that you have a link to that file in your /etc/smrsh directory (if you use
Sendmail and have smrsh turned on).