[Mailman-Users] How to personalize e-mails

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 13 16:50:09 CEST 2001

On Saturday 13 October 2001 00:47, Chris Gozdzik wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'd like to switch to Mailman, but I'd like to maintain personalized e-
> mails. Is it possible? I couldn't find any info on that.
> My subscribers' list contains first name and e-mail.
> I'd appreciate any help.
> Chris

I'm not aware of Mailman being able to do this, and as far as I know, there
are no plans to implement a scheme wherein mailman actually modifies the
body of an email (in your case to substitute a general salutation to
include the first name).

There are many other fine programs that can accommodate you however.
Perhaps someone else on the list can recommend one.

Jon Carnes